Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of Class

The first day of class was really interesting. Just coming from one class I thought that I would walk into the classroom and it would be just like it was for all the other classes that I take in it. But having the tables rearranged and put into a different way really lightened up and opened the room. the music playing in the background made it so that I wanted to be there and learning. Having an assignment right there to start the class with was great. We were given the assignment the moment we walked in the room and we all just got started without really trying to. I loved all the different pictures on the board and then the one about her family. It almost made it seem like we were really getting to know each other and making a connection. I loved when we got split up into the groups based by the color that we were. It really helps to know the different types of students that we will be in contact with and how we need to interact with them. Then having us all sit in a circle and saying our name with a different word attached was fun. It helped to really gain a better understanding of the different individuals in the classroom. I have to say though is that the movie that was shown at the end was really touching. We are all different and as teachers we need to recognize this and learn to reach out to all different types of students. We don't want to lose one that we could have helped. I really thought this class was amazing. She helped bring us all together and have a unity that I hadn't really felt before.

No comments:

Post a Comment